Director of Engineering
Step into a genuine collective of sneaker culture. SoleSavy is building the next generation of paid communities and marketplace. Our mission is to make collecting sneakers accessible and bring like-minded communities together.
This is an exciting opportunity and critical role for a fast-growing technology startup. Great digital experiences are an important part of our company’s success as we build the future of our platform for an established audience. You’ll have the freedom to explore new frameworks while ensuring stability and shipping user experiences that make our members smile.
- Partnering with product, design and project management to define roadmaps, timelines and execution strategies
- Shipping exceptional mobile and web-based products and services at scale
- Growing and managing remote engineering teams, delivering high level results
- Caring about the user experience and knowing how to build consumer focused products
- Provide input in the entire development cycle, from requirements and design to deployment and QA
- Adhere to coding best practices and produce technical documentation
- Recruiting and mentoring technical leaders
- 8+ years work experience with front-end // back-end web development or related engineering roles
- A love for analytics and openness to testing for continuous improvement
- Comfortable working with RESTful APIs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to support decisions made in your code
- Proficiency in SQL and understanding of relational database schemas
- Experience working with remote teams using agile methodologies
- Operates autonomously when faced with ambiguity and obstacles, in a fast-paced and resource restrained environment
Who you are:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of the community and your colleagues.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Where You’ll Work
SoleSavy is a fully distributed team that is spread across North America. You’ll work remotely from the place that makes you the happiest and the most productive.
SoleSavy is a proud equal opportunity workplace that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We don’t care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what names you might have on your resume. Instead, we’re looking for motivated and compassionate people who can execute from the ground up.
How To Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “SoleSavy Director of Engineering Application”.